We challenge you to find any other program that comes even close to the number of activities, trips, meals, hands-on attention, and unforgettable experiences that Select Study Abroad includes. Want to know more? See below for pricing, a breakdown of exactly what’s included in that price, and details on payment options.
Applications are accepted on a first come, first served basis.
As a result of many years of experience teaching and leading students all over Italy, the Select Study Abroad Team knows the benefits of an all-inclusive trips and programs. There will be no wasting precious time in an internet café planning a trip, crossing your fingers to grab the last seat on a train, getting lost in a rough part of town, calling mom and dad for more money or increasing your credit limit mid-trip. With Select Study Abroad you can sit back and relax knowing that everything is fully planned for you – stimulating courses, travel, food, and sightseeing is fully planned for you. Thanks to the all-inclusive nature of our experiences, you can do what you came here to do: travel and study abroad with your sisters!
Mother and Daughter Trips
Spring: May 21st – May 28th
Summer: June 25th – July 2nd
For detailed information on our sorority Mother and Daughter Trips, please click here.
Study Abroad Programs
Session 1: May 31st – June 30th
Session 2: July 6th – August 5th
One college course (3 credits): $8,750*
Two college course (6 credits): $9,950*
*This price does not include airfare
If you haven’t already, see our Calendars to get an idea of all the trips and activities planned for each session. See our Activities page to find out more about the exciting things Select offers each day (think olive oil tastings and leather-making demonstrations). See our Daily Life page to learn more about your new home away from home and the many delicious meals that await you. Last but not least, see the Travel section to learn more about all the amazing places you’ll go during your amazing adventures with Select Study Abroad. For a complete list of what our experiences include, see below.
|Tuition for 1 or 2 college-level courses:
• 3 or 6 college credits respectively
• Courses taught at Lorenzo de’Medici
• Facilities equipped with wifi & air conditioning
• Students receive an official LdM transcript
|Accommodations arranged in our residence & hotels for the duration of the session
• Students live together in rooms for two, three, or four people
• Each room has a private bathroom, phone, mini-fridge, television, & air conditoning
• Directors also stay in the residence with students
• Overnight weekend trips to Rome & Venice include hotel accommodations
|Breakfast daily Dinner Monday, Wednesday, & Friday|
• Breakfast is offered daily at either our residence or our hotels while traveling
• Dinners are organized Monday, Wednesday, & Friday at some of Florence’s best restaurants
• Special welcome & farewell meals
|Travel to 10 cities within Italy
• Transportation by train or private bus
• Guided tours of each city’s major monuments
• Entrance fees
• Hotel accommodations
|Daily site visits & activities
• Food tastings: gelato, olive oil, wine
• Site visits: palaces, museums, churches, gardens
• Demonstrations: glass-blowing, jewelry-making, shoe-making
• Outdoor activities: gondola rides, tower climbs, hiking
• All activities are lead by the Select staff one or two times per day to accommodate all students’ schedules
|24 -hour on-site leadership & availability of the Select Study Abroad staff
• Select Study Abroad Directors reside in the residence for the safety & convenience of our students
• We are available 24 hours a day for questions, assistance, or in case of an emergency
• Medical insurance provded by AMA, the leader in student health insurance
• Students will have access to English-speaking doctors, as well as full-service hospital coverage at the nearby Ospedale di Santa Maria Nuova
|Pre-departure guides, On-site Orientation, & Post Program
• Students will receive in-depth information regarding the study abroad experience prior to departure
• Select Study Abroad staff will greet students upon arrival & help them acclimate to their new home with a thorough orientation, including walking tours of the city & their new campus
• Select Study Abroad staff will post photos & videos online during & after the summer so family & friends can follow our adventures & our students can revisit the experience for years to come
The trip or program cost may be paid by check, bank transfer, or credit card. Please note, an extra fee will apply for payments made by credit card. A personalized payment plan can also be arranged for interested participants. Please contact us for more details.
Deposit & Guarantee of Participation
Upon acceptance, a $500 non-refundable deposit for the Mother Daughter Trips and $1,000 non-refundable deposit for the study abroad programs is required to secure your space in the trip or program and to enroll in courses. The remainder of the balance due will be required at least 2 months before the start date of the trip or program.
Accepted students will subsequently receive a detailed Course Schedule, Course Registration Form, Roommate Form, Invoice, Pre-Departure Guide, and other important materials. Once the non-refundable deposit and Course Registration Form are received, the student will be enrolled in their preferred courses (pending availability).
Most universities offer financial aid to study abroad. If a student currently receives financial aid, they should be able to also receive financial aid during the summer. Students should check with their home university’s Financial Aid or Registrar’s office for details on how to apply. Additional financial assistance may be available to students in the form of scholarships and other awards.We encourage students to be proactive and apply early. Refer to our section on Scholarships & Aid for more information.
Have questions before you apply?
Check our FAQs page.
Still have questions? Call us or email us directly. We would love to answer any questions you may have right away!